Friday 3 October 2014

Work Experience

I had day first day of work experience in North Kildare Educate Together School on the 24th of September. It is a mixed primary school with around 250 students. Meadhbh and I are both doing work experience in the school so we have someone to eat with at lunch, that makes it less awkward but it is still quite awkward talking to the teachers at lunch. When I went in to the school, it felt very weird to me because I attended this primary school. I am a classroom assistant in Senior Infants. On my first day I spent the day helping the students paint their favourite summer memories, I also set up the hall for their PE class, helped the students with their maths worksheet, put up posters and checked the art supply orders were correct.

My second day of work experience was on Wednesday and again I was a classroom assistant in Senior Infants, on Wednesday I helped to set up he art the students would be doing that day. I then helped them to draw pizzas, cut them out and stick them onto card for world food day. After that I took down their older art from the wall,organised it into envelopes for each student and put up their new art on the wall. I set up the hall for their PE class and for the rest of the day I was getting ready what they would need for the next time the students are doling art, I had to scrunch up little pieces of crepe paper, so the students could make a picture out of them for Diwali.

I am really enjoying work experience so far, it is a new and fun experience and I am looking forward to going back next Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.